This week on Crazy4Challenges the task was to have water in any form on your card. I have a friend that needs a little encouragement right now and loved this digital images from Angies Stamps on Etsy. She’s called “Little Lila picking Flowers“. She would also make an adorable Valentines Card. Actually, she could be used for a lot of different occasions. Below is the inside of this card. I created the sentiment inside the card on my computer and printed it out on some rainbow paper. Then I cut out the sentiment with Elizabeth Craft Designs 1175 – Dotted Scallop Squares.
If you have never tried digital stamps YOU SHOULD! Some of the benefits are price, you can make it any size you want, it is stored on your computer. I bought 3 of Angies Stamps at a dollar a piece. What? I know. You can even reverse the image. For example if you find a tree branch digital stamp you like but it branches out from left to right and you need it from right to left, you can flip it. Whoa! Also, these digital stamps print out perfectly every time. No light and dark spots! With stamping helpers like the “Misti” you now can fix those problems. But if your stamp is mounted on wood you have one chance at it.
- I printed the resized image on Gina K “Layering Weight” white cardstock. This is a great cardstock for coloring with Copics or other wet mediums. There is very little bleed through if any at all.
- I colored the image with Copic Markers. Then I added dots that I hoped looked like rain with a Stamps by Judith stick stamp. These sticks are called “Stubby Stampers. Pictured below
If you notice on the right picture these clever little sticks have a flat side so they don’t go rolling off your craft table. They come with all kinds of images. Flowers, bugs, bows, ornaments and much, much more. There are literally hundreds of choices. Below is a picture of my collection so far:
I have used these stamps to decorate another Stamps by Judith called “S-13 Tree for all Seasons”.
3. I cut the image using the same ECD “Dotted Scallop squares” referenced above.
4. I cut two mats for behind the featured image with Elizabeth Craft Designs 1118 – Stitched Squares.
5. I mounted all the layers on a base card that measures folded 6×6″. I cut a piece of ECD Soft finish white Cardsock 12 x 6″ and scored on the long side at 6″.
6. I added the word “Hugs” using the ECD 1269 – Love Sentiments.
That’s all there is to it!
Thanks so much for taking a look. I hope you’ll try some of the great products I’ve mentioned. I get no compensation. I just love them!