I recently purchased a bunch of new things from Elizabeth Craft Designs. One of those new buys was a set called “919 Candle”. Pictured below, you can see, there are dies for the candle, the drip, the 2pt. flame, the poinsettia, leaf, flower center, berries and pine sprig! I know! There is a lot of little dies that you will use for all kinds of projects
For my project, I cut the candle base out of white “Soft finish cardstock” that I had applied ECD double sided adhesive to. I laid the die onto the cardstock with the cutting side down on the adhesive side. Most cutting machines will cut all the way through both cardstock and adhesive. Next, I removed the adhesive and applied ECD “Silk Microfine Glitter” in Warm Diamond. The drip part I cut from the same white cardstock but without adhesive or glitter. All of the other parts were cut with the same white cardstock and then colored with Copic markers. I cut 6 flowers 4 leave sets, and then cut the berry and flower center piece 3 times (so I would have enough for mistakes or loss) and 6 pine sprigs.
I created the silver metallic mat by embossing a silver piece of cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft Core Metallic Collection with Elizabeth Craft Designs “Sprig” embossing folder. I then cut out a circle with ECD “Stitched Circles”. I ended up cutting another layer circle with a larger die from ECD “Dotted Scalloped” out of the same Tim Holtz cardstock. It’s a long story that I won’t tell but the first circle didn’t work with the “Entwined” circles that I wanted to use.
The “Celebrate” sentiment I cut 3 times. Once in each of the silver, white and ECD True Green. I cut 2 of the largest of the “Entwined Circles” dies. I cut one circle in white from the “Stitched Circles” die set and one in “True Green” cardstock from the “Dotted Scalloped Circles” die set.
I colored both layers on each of the 3 Poinsettia with Copic YG00. I colored the berries and the little circle middle for the flowers and circles in the “Entwined Circles” with the same color and added a ECD transparent “Glitter Dot”. I added “3D Crystal Lacquer” to the berries. The Pine sprigs were colored with Copic G28 and the leaves with Copic G21, 24, 28.
Once all the components were cut, colored and assembled I layered them to my card base that measures (folded) 6″ x 6″.
Thanks so much for taking a look